Population : 133'500 inhabitants
Altitude : From 370 m to 870 m
Superficie : 41 km2
Official language: french
Tourisme Office : 4, place de la navigation, Tel : + 41 21.613.73.73
Rent of bike : place de la riponne
Taxi / Limousine / Coaches: Swisstours Transport +41 22 781 04 04
Castle St-Maire : The Château Saint-Maire has been the seat of regional power since it was established. Lausanne’s bishops built it between around 1400 and 1430 as their residence.
Cathédrale Notre-Dame : Dominating the town from the top of the hill, Lausanne cathedral is a Gothic building dating back to the first half of the 13th century, and displays architectural features borrowed from the Anglo-Norman and north-eastern French styles. It is the largest gothic cathedral in Switzerland.
Palais des Rumines : built in a Florentine Renaissance style, it is now a museum and a library.
Place de la Palud : In the centre of the Old town, Mozart played two concerts on this place. A mechanical clock presents historical vignettes every hour, This place is really appreciated by pedestrians and is a popular tourist attraction
Ouchy : On the lakeside of Lausanne, you can do a beautiful promenade, going to the Olympic museum or in the harbour. It is in Ouchy that you can join cruises like Montreux, Vevey or Evian,
Olympic Museum : The Olympic Museum is a world-class museum where visitors , from all nations and cultures feel, experience and understand the complex and enthralling story of the people who come together to make Olympism contribute to a better world through sport.
Musée des Beaux-Arts : Lausanne’s Cantonal Museum of Fine Art is the second oldest museum in Switzerland, that is devoted exclusively to art.
Is organising guided tours by coach. All guides are trilinguals.
Geneva city tour every day at 1.30 pm
Chamonix – Mont-blanc every daya t 8.30 am
During the high season you can enjoy more tours like Lausanne-Montreux-Chillon, Gruyères golden, Gstaad – Diablerets and Interlaken.
The Compagnie Générale de Navigation du Léman offers you transports through the Leman Lake with Big steamers ‘Belle Epoque’
Crossings connects the towns of Nyon, Geneva, Vevey, Montreux or St Gingolph from Ouchy.
Gourmet cruise : Taste a delightful menu while discovering the Geneva lake wonderful scenery. Gourmet delicacy on the water. The subtle mix between riparian escape and gastronomy. For the pleasure of your eyes and of your taste buds.
Famous lemanic vineyards : Follow the terraced vineyards of Lavaux and discover a magnificent landscape.
Every wenesdays and Saturdays from the place de la Riponne until place de la Palud. You can find all sorts of things like spices, local products, antiquities and clothes.
Going out in Lausanne :
Looking for a place to eat ?
Cheap prices :
· Manora, (place St-François) : buffet
· Creperie La Chandeleur, (9 rue Merceris) : friendly place, crepes sweet and salted
Middle prices :
· Cafe romand : (2 place St-Francois), brasserie in the old town, all sorts of food
· Le Chalet Suisse : (40 Route du signal), swiss specialities
· Cafe de grancy, (1 av. du rond point) : friendly, seasonal menu
· A la pomme de pin, (11 rue cité-derriere) : specialities from the lake
· La Rotonde, (17 place du port, hotel Beau-Rivage) : elegant decoration, sophisticated food
Looking for a place to have drink?
· Cave du bleu lézard, (10 rue Enning), café-théâtre, live music
· Le XIII, (10 rue cite-devant), welcoming, themes nights
Looking for a night-club ?
· Le Mad : www.mad.ch (23 rue de Geneve), trendy, electro-house
· Le cult club : www.cultclub.ch (14 place chauderon), design, music rnb
· Atelier volant : www.ateliervolant.ch (12 cote de Montbenon) : welcoming, tropical music